- You may communicate with an inmate at any time via the U. S. Mail. For safety and security reasons, all mail, must be in the form of a postcard or letter. The maximum size postcard is 5 inches by 7 inches. Must be written in ink or pencil; no marker or crayons.
- Legal Mail will be opened and inspected in the presence of the inmate to ensure that it is legal mail.
- Two Magazines subscriptions are permitted and must be mailed from the publisher. (Magazines in excess of two subscriptions per inmate will be confiscated and disposed of.)
- All incoming and outgoing post cards, letters or legal mail MUST contain a complete return address. All mail received without a return address or an incomplete return address will be considered contraband and destroyed per policy.
- Any items that are considered contraband will be disposed of and a Mail Contraband Form initiated, with the original to inmate's housing file and a copy to the inmate. Mail with a return address will be returned to the sender; mail without a return address or an incomplete address will be destroyed per policy.
- All incoming mail should be marked with:
- Items that are considered contraband and not allowed in the jail include:
- All photos that are larger than 5 x 7.
- Polaroid photographs
- Any pornographic or racially motivated item/material
- Escape plans
- Illegal correspondence
- Blank stamped envelopes, stamps
- Blank paper, paper clips
- Postcards or letters with biohazards including perfume or lipstic
- Plastic or wrapped postcards
- Postcards or letters with watermarks or stains
- Postcards or letters that have been altered from the original form
- Magazines that could jeopardize the security or safety of inmates, staff, or the general public
- Magazines that are sexually explicit
Inmate Full Name
Charlotte County Jail
26601 Airport Road
Punta Gorda FL 33982
How to set up a GTL Advance Pay Account for phone calls:
- Contact GTL to set up an Advance Pay phone account by calling 1-866-230-7761 or online at www.GTL.net.
- There are multiple ways to pay for this Advance Pay account:
- Mail a Certified Check or Money Order to GTL
- Deposit to GTL via Western Union ***
- Automated Phone Deposit of $25.00 (with a fee of $4.75)
- Automated Phone deposit of $50.00 (with a fee of $9.50)
- Internet Web Deposit at any amount (with a fee of $9.50)
- Advance Pay Account Close-Out (with an Admin fee of $5.00)
At No Cost Advance Pay Account Options:
At Cost Advance Pay Account Options:
- Money Orders and Certified Checks can be mailed to:
AdvancePay Service Department
Denver, Colorado 80291-1722
***Western Union will charge their own fee for using their services to make an Advance Payment***