· Ability to successfully pass the FBAT test for Law Enforcement.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to learn to keep accurate and complete records and prepare clear and concise reports.
· Ability to learn to enforce the law impartially and with proper regard for the legal procedures and safeguards governing the work.
· Ability to learn to operate all equipment listed in the “Equipment Used” section.
· Knowledge and ability to maintain their uniforms and equipment in a neat and serviceable condition and will, by their appearance, set an example of neatness and strict conformity with agency policy and general orders. Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and establish cohesive, effective relationships with peers (i.e., teamwork abilities),
· Ability and willingness to maintain dependable work habits such as reporting to work on time.
· Ability to successfully pass the Physical Agility Test for certified officers.
· Ability to successfully pass the CCSO Oral Board for Law Enforcement.
· Ability to submit to a background investigation and psychology, polygraph and drug tests.
· Ability to successfully pass all course work and field exercises of the Law Enforcement Academy.
· Ability to successfully pass the Florida Department of Law Enforcement examination for law enforcement employment.
· Ability to learn the policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing law enforcement operations within the Sheriff's Office.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public.